The RAF Aerobatic Team, The Red Arrows are one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams. Zipping through the air in their Hawk jets with the speed, agility and precision of the Royal Air Force, they are the brilliant ambassadors for the Armed Forces and for the United Kingdom as a whole. The Team is made up of 120 pilots, engineers and essential support staff with frontline, operational experience; they are the public face of the service and have completed 4,660 displays in 56 countries. And we have just commissioned some fused glass art for them!
What do you think of the fused glass art piece?
We were thrilled to create this piece of fused glass art and we’re really happy with the result. It depicts a Red Arrow Hawk jet in action, of course, and we think it really captures the artistic and creative spirit of The Red Arrows that has been going strong since 1965.
The Red Arrows have a number of important roles:
- To support UK industry and commerce
- To demonstrate excellence, precision and the best of British
- To showcase the professionalism of the Armed Forces – their capability, innovation and adaptation
- To carry out defence diplomacy overseas, providing vital support for UK industry
- To be global ambassadors for the Royal Air Force, Armed Forces and UK
- To aid recruitment into the Armed Forces
We’ve loved commissioning fused glass art for such a beloved institution and it’s a perk of the business getting to work with such a varied clientele.